Tuesday, December 1, 2009

24 week appointment

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving was our 24 week appointment with Dr. Jurney. I had an ultrasound immediately before the appointment with her to check the position of the placenta. Not much has changed in that regard since the last visit. The placenta is still covering my cervix and has not moved much at all so it looks like having a c-section is still in my future. Dr. Jurney said that she wants to do another ultrasound at the 28 week appointment, which will be Dec 22nd. At that visit I will see Dr. Olemacher because Dr. Jurney will be out on maternity leave herself.

Dr. Jurney will return in mid-January and when I see her for my regular appointment we will pick a firm date for the c-section...

So it seems as though Collin will be arriving mid-late February rather than March. Being that he will be delivered 3-4 weeks early we only have about 12 more weeks until we get to meet our baby boy!

Since we had an ultrasound again this time we were able to get a few more pictures of him.

Collin's Hand



Collin's Foot



Collin's Profile



We also toured the hospital over the Thanksgiving holiday, although most of the tour didn't pertain to our situation since I won't be laboring and delivering...I have to say I won't miss that part!

I figure the c-section will also make the "how did Collin get out of your tummy talk" with Kaitlyn go much easier! If she ever asks how Collin got in my tummy or out the answer will be very simple "The Dr. put him in and the Dr. took him out." :-) See IVF does have it's advantages it makes the birds and the bees very simple to explain!

No comments: