Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We got 20!

Today was the retrieval and they retrieved 20 eggs. They are going to fertilize them and put them in the incubator and tomorrow they will call and let us know how many actually fertilized.

So I am sitting in bed recovering and I have to say anesthesia is a great thing. I don't remember anything from the actual procedure, I don't even remember getting sleepy. The whole procedure took maybe 20 minutes and then I had to stay in recovery for 45 minutes before leaving.

The transfer could happen as early as Saturday, but will more likely take place on Monday. Since they retrieved so many it would be hard for them to tell on Day 3 (Saturday) which one is the best so they will give them a few more days to grow and look at them on Monday. Hopefully we wil have 1 super star fertilized egg that is ready to go on Monday.

No comments: