Saturday, February 13, 2010

Getting ready for Collin's arrival

This past few weeks has gone by fast. I am now 35 and 1/2 weeks pregnant, just a week and 1/2 to go!

I have been keeping busy lately with a baby shower, scrapbooking weekend and preparations for Collin's arrival.

Jorja (Chris' sister) and Lindsey (Chris' niece) hosted a baby shower for me 2 weekends ago.

The shower was great. We received bottles, pacifiers, hooded towels, blankets, baby wash, diapers and more. I spent my first week off work washing all of Collin's precious new outfits, blankets, and towels. It is so much fun to wash his clothes, although that is probably not what I will be saying when I am washing 2-3 loads a week!

Here are some pictures from the shower. The cake was the cutest cake I have ever seen!


Unwrapping gifts




The crocheted blanket Jorja made for Collin

And last but not least, Kaitlyn felt like as the Big Sister she should test out Collin's Bumbo seat...for quality assurance and safety of course. I can't believe her little butt fits in a baby seat. She didn't even get stuck!



So after the shower and a week of running errands, I was able to get away for one last scrapbooking retreat before Collin arrives. We tried out a new place in East Bernard, which is only about an hour from Pearland. The short drive was really nice because if we had gone to our usual place in Rockport I would not have been able to go because I cannot ride in a car for more than about an hour and 1/2 at this point. One of my projects while I as there was to work on Kaitlyn's big sister scrapbook. I was able to complete it, as much as possible at this point, without pictures of Collin to put in there. Once he is born I am going to add pages for his footprints, pictures of Kaitlyn holding him for the first time etc.

Here are some previews of her big sister book. This is one of the gifts she will receive when she comes to the hospital to visit Collin.







She is also going to receive a James Avery big sister necklace from Collin!

And finally, this week was my 35 week visit. I saw June, the NP, and she said that I am measuring about average size for this stage in my pregnancy. She also said she wanted to get one last ultrasound to check the position of the placenta and get a better estimate of Collin's size.

Since the ultrasound tech is not in on Thursdays, which is the day I had my appointment, my ultrasound was scheduled for today.
Nothing has changed as far as the placenta and Collin is still head down. The ultrasound tech estimated that Collin weighs about 5 lbs 7 oz at this point, so he has gained about 2 lbs since my last ultrasound at 31 weeks. According to the ultrasound, he is measuring around 33 weeks gestation, but I am actually at 35 weeks and 3 days.
At this rate, with only a week and 1/2 left until the c-section, he will probably be around 6 lbs, just like his big sister! His heart rate was a strong 130 and he was moving all around during the ultrasound today. Chris and Kaitlyn were with me and we were able to see him practicing breathing on the ultrasound by watching his chest move. We were also able to see his heart beating strong. The tech said that my amniotic fluid is measuring a little on the low side of normal so she wants me to chug as much water as possible this weekend.

My next appointment is scheduled for Feb 18th, next Thursday. This will be my last appointment before delivery!

Until then, I will close with some pictures of my belly at 35 weeks. I will be taking maternity pictures this coming Wednesday so I will have at least a few more pictures of my belly before I deliver.

No comments: